Digital Marketer Apprenticeship
A digital apprenticeship focusing on the use of online and social media platforms to design, build and implement campaigns and drive customer sales. If you’d like to know more about a specific apprenticeship or wish to enquire about a vacancy then please contact us.
Use online and social media platforms to design, build and implement campaigns and drive customer sales.
Details of the standard
The primary role of a digital marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. A digital marketer will typically be working as part of a team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions. They will normally report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager.
Typical Job Roles
Digital Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Campaign Executive, Social Media Executive, Content Co-ordinator, Email Marketing Assistant, SEO Executive, Analytics Executive, Digital Marketing Technologist.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include GCSEs, A levels, a level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications, relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths. Employers are likely to be looking for a proven passion for digital and social media.
- Written communication: applies a good level of written communication skills for a range of audiences and digital platforms and with regard to the sensitivity of communication
- Research: analyses and contributes information on the digital environment to inform short and long-term digital communications strategies and campaigns
- Technologies: recommends and applies effective, secure and appropriate solutions using a wide variety of digital technologies and tools over a range of platforms and user interfaces to achieve marketing objectives
- Data: reviews, monitors and analyses online activity and provides recommendations and insights to others
- Customer service: responds efficiently to enquiries using online and social media platforms.
- Problem-solving: applies structured techniques to problem-solving, analyses problems and resolves issues across a variety of digital platforms
- Analysis: understands and creates basic analytical dashboards using appropriate digital tools
- Implementation: builds and implements digital campaigns across a variety of digital media platforms
- Applies at least two of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, e-mail marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click
- Uses digital tools effectively
- Digital analytics: measures and evaluates the success of digital marketing activities
- Interprets and follows:
- latest developments in digital media technologies and trends
- marketing briefs and plans
- company defined ‘customer standards’ or industry good practices for marketing
- company, team or client approaches to continuous integration
- Can operate effectively in their own businesses, their customers and the industry’s environments
Technical Knowledge and Understanding
- Understands the principles of coding
- Understands and can apply basic marketing principles
- Understands and can apply the customer lifecycle
- Understands the role of customer relationship marketing
- Understands how teams work effectively to deliver digital marketing campaigns and can deliver accordingly
- Understands the main components of Digital and Social Media Strategies
- Understands the principles of all of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, e-mail marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click and understands how these can work together
- Understands the similarities and differences, including positives and negatives, of all the major digital and social media platforms
- Understands and responds to the business environment and business issues related to digital marketing and customer needs
- Understands and follows digital etiquette
- Understands how digital platforms integrate into the working environment
- Understands and follows the required security levels necessary to protect data across digital and social media platforms
Underpinning Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain a productive, professional and secure working environment
Knowledge Modules (Qualifications)
- Knowledge Module 1: Principles of Coding (for level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship)
- Knowledge Module 2: Marketing Principles (for Level 3 Digital Marketer)
- Knowledge Module 3: Google Analytics IQ
English and Maths
Level 2 English and maths will need to be achieved, if not already, prior to taking the end-point assessment.
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration.
Completion of the apprenticeship would also allow access to join as an Affiliate (Professional) member of the CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing) and/or Associate membership of BCS.
The duration of this apprenticeship is typically 18 months.
This is a level 3 apprenticeship.